At least six Palestinians were killed and 21 injured in Israeli forces’ operations in several areas of the occupied West Bank. Palestinian officials confirmed the matter.
According to a spokesman for the Palestinian Fatah movement, a large number of Israeli forces stormed the city of Nablus early Tuesday and Palestinian security forces and armed fighters were seen there, Al-Jazeera reported.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said five Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire. Palestinian health and security officials said one of the dead was unarmed.
The names of the deceased are Ali Khaled Antar (26), Mishal Baghdadi (27), Wadi Al-Hawah (31), Hamdi Qayyem (30) and Hamdi Mohammad Sharaf (35).
Another Palestinian youth, Qusay al-Tamimi, 19, was killed during clashes with Israeli forces in the village of Nabi Saleh, near the city of Ramallah, home to the Palestinian Authority headquarters in the occupied West Bank, the ministry said later.
The operation was carried out in the northern city of Nablus, targeting the recently formed Lion’s Den group. The group killed an Israeli soldier in a shootout earlier this month.
The Israeli military said its forces were operating in Nablus. However, they did not provide any further details.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) have surrounded Nablus for the past two weeks amid an intensive search for the killer of 21-year-old Staff Sergeant Ido Baruch.
Atrocities by Israeli forces in the West Bank have increased manifold in recent weeks.