An intelligence report was published on Tuesday in the American newspaper Wall Street Journal. According to the report, Iran is planning to attack Saudi Arabia. The US government has again expressed concern about this. However, Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has called the report a baseless allegation. Khabar al-Arabia.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanani said on Wednesday that the Wall Street Journal report contained ‘baseless allegations’. Such biased news coverage by some Western and Zionist parties aims to create a negative atmosphere against Iran and destroy the current positive trend with countries in the region.
He also said, “Iran continues the ‘good-neighbourly policy’ with its neighbors on the basis of mutual respect and within the framework of international policies and agreements, and considers the establishment and promotion of stability and security in the region as inherent in constructive interaction with its neighbours.”
The WSJ reported Tuesday that Saudi Arabia has shared intelligence with the U.S. warning of an imminent attack by Iran on targets in the Kingdom.
The report also said that Saudi Arabia, the United States and other neighboring countries in the region have raised the level of alert for their military forces.
Washington on Tuesday expressed concern about Iran’s threats against Saudi Arabia and said it would not hesitate to respond if necessary.
A spokesman for the National Security Council said: ‘We are concerned about the threat images and are in constant contact with the Saudis through military and intelligence channels. We will not hesitate to act to protect our interests and partners in the region.’
Iran issued threats and warnings to Saudi Arabia, while Hossein Salami, the top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, said last month that Saudi leaders should not rely on Israel.
He also commented that Saudi leaders lived in ‘glass palaces’.
“You are counting on an Israel that is collapsing and that will be the end of your era,” Salami warned.