Azerbaijan has acknowledged several military casualties in deadly clashes along the Nagorno-Karabakh border, a disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan. However, Armenia did not admit any damage.
Qatar-based media Al-Jazeera reported this information.
Clashes started between the two sides on Tuesday morning.
Earlier in 2020, the two sides fought over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region. The latest clashes between the two sides took place on Tuesday.
One side is blaming the other side for this conflict.
In a statement, the Minister of Defense of Armenia said that on Tuesday night, Azerbaijani troops launched an intensive shelling attack targeting the military positions in Goris, Sok and Jarmuk of Armenia. They use military weapons as well as drones.
The minister said that the army of Armenia also counterattacked at a proportional rate.
However, Azerbaijan’s defense minister complained that the Armenian troops attacked Daskeshan, Kelbazar and Lachin districts on their border.
He also said that Azerbaijani soldiers were killed in the attack of Armenian soldiers. However, he did not say how many soldiers died.
The US has expressed deep concern over the conflict between the two sides.
In a response, the United States Secretary of State (Foreign Minister) Anthony Blinken said, a solution is not possible through a military conflict. We call for an immediate end to the military conflict there.