Bottled water filled with acid was served in the restaurant. A child became seriously ill after drinking it. Another child’s hand was burnt. Such allegations have been made against ‘Poet Restaurant’ in Greater Iqbal Park, Lahore, Pakistan. The Lahore Police has arrested the manager of the restaurant in this incident.

According to Pakistani media sources, a person named Mohammad Adil went to that restaurant on the occasion of celebrating the birthday of a family member on September 27. He complained that a restaurant worker gave him a bottle of water. His nephew Ahmed screamed while washing his hands with water from that bottle. His hand burns.

Adil’s two-and-a-half-year-old niece Wajiha also vomited after drinking water from a bottle. It has been alleged that acid was kept in those bottles instead of water.

The two children were immediately admitted to the hospital. Wajiha’s physical condition is critical. An FIR has been lodged in this incident. The police have registered a case against the restaurant manager and five other workers under Section 336B of the Pakistan Penal Code.

A police officer named Tahir Waqas told news agency PTI, “Restaurant manager named Mohammad Javed has been arrested. The search for the rest has started.

(October 4/AJ)